- 1 How do professionals ship paintings?
- 2 How much does it cost to ship a painting Fedex?
- 3 How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
- 4 How do you transport art?
- 5 How do I ship large art?
- 6 How do you ship an unframed oil painting?
- 7 How do I ship a large flat item?
- 8 Is FedEx or ups better for shipping art?
- 9 Can FedEx ship a painting?
- 10 Can I send a painting through FedEx?
- 11 What fabric is used for canvas?
How do professionals ship paintings?
Properly Packaging your Canvas
- Cover your entire canvas with packing paper, taping it so that no part of the canvas is exposed.
- Wrap the whole canvas in a couple layers of bubble wrap and tape it so that it stays in place.
- If you have any more room, tape on another layer of foam sheets for additional protection.
How much does it cost to ship a painting Fedex?
Small or medium-sized paintings on canvas can be shipped via UPS or Fedex for approximately $10-$50, depending on the size. Declaring value (similar to insurance) will add more to the price of shipping as well. Large paintings that are over 30 inches in one dimension usually cost at least $50 to ship via UPS or Fedex.
How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
I just shipped one of my 16×20 paintings and it was $25 to ship through UPS. I would use the post office but they’re so rough with items and they don’t have a box to fit a 16×20 painting.
How do you transport art?
Wrap the painting in bubble wrap with the bubbles facing away from, rather than against, the surface. Do not wrap a painted surface in bubble wrap. If the painting is framed, reinforce the frame corners with cardboard. Place the wrapped painting in a slightly larger, sturdy box.
How do I ship large art?
- Smaller works can be shipped in new, double-wall corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Anything larger than 48” on one side should be crated for maximum protection.
- Unmounted artwork can be rolled and shipped in tubes that are at least 4 inches longer than the shortest side of the piece when it’s rolled flat.
How do you ship an unframed oil painting?
Find a box that is a few inches larger than your artwork.
- Take two pieces of cardboard or foam board and cut it down to the inside dimensions of your box.
- Place your artwork inside a sturdy plastic bag to protect against moisture.
- Wrap artwork in at least one layer of bubble wrap, using packing tape to secure it.
How do I ship a large flat item?
Cheapest ways to ship heavy boxes USPS Parcel Select offers competitive commercial shipping rates on parcels up to 70 pounds. FedEx Ground also has commercial discounts with a 70-pound weight limit. For even heavier items, try UPS Ground. The service accepts packages that weigh up to 150 pounds.
Is FedEx or ups better for shipping art?
Since both carriers provide better package tracking and speedier delivery than the government-run postal service, FedEx and UPS are your go-to delivery services when shipping a piece of art.
Can FedEx ship a painting?
Exclusive-use, direct service available with a truck sized and equipment matched to meet your artwork’s needs – whether you are shipping paintings, sculptures, fabrics or other fine artwork. Pickups and deliveries available 24/7/365 to meet your schedule or changes in your schedule.
Can I send a painting through FedEx?
We recommend shipping artwork that has a lower maximum declared value and limit of liability of no greater than $1000. These boxes can even be reused for shipping and storage. Shipping posters. For customers with rolled posters or prints, FedEx office offers tube boxes to ship these items.
What fabric is used for canvas?
While the early versions of canvas were usually made of linen, through its history the fabric has also been produced using flax, tow, and jute. Today it’s mostly made using linen or cotton, usually mixed with polyvinyl chloride.