- 1 How do you package a large canvas painting?
- 2 How much does it cost to ship a giant painting?
- 3 Where can I ship large paintings?
- 4 How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
- 5 How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
- 6 How do you package unframed artwork?
- 7 How do you store paintings at home?
- 8 Can I paint a box and mail it?
- 9 How do I figure out shipping costs?
- 10 How big is a FedEx large box?
How do you package a large canvas painting?
Properly Packaging your Canvas
- Cover your entire canvas with packing paper, taping it so that no part of the canvas is exposed.
- Wrap the whole canvas in a couple layers of bubble wrap and tape it so that it stays in place.
- If you have any more room, tape on another layer of foam sheets for additional protection.
How much does it cost to ship a giant painting?
Shipping a painting typically costs between $50-$300 per package, depending on the speed of travel and packing method you employ. Shipping artwork tubes is often cheaper than shipping boxed or crated artwork, ranging between $75-$200 per tube.
Where can I ship large paintings?
The UPS Store can help with crating and shipping your large art items.
How much does it cost to ship a large canvas painting?
Small or medium-sized paintings on canvas can be shipped via UPS or Fedex for approximately $10-$50, depending on the size. Declaring value (similar to insurance) will add more to the price of shipping as well. Large paintings that are over 30 inches in one dimension usually cost at least $50 to ship via UPS or Fedex.
How much does it cost to ship a 16×20 canvas?
I just shipped one of my 16×20 paintings and it was $25 to ship through UPS. I would use the post office but they’re so rough with items and they don’t have a box to fit a 16×20 painting.
How do you package unframed artwork?
Find a box that is a few inches larger than your artwork.
- Take two pieces of cardboard or foam board and cut it down to the inside dimensions of your box.
- Place your artwork inside a sturdy plastic bag to protect against moisture.
- Wrap artwork in at least one layer of bubble wrap, using packing tape to secure it.
How do you store paintings at home?
- Make Sure to Avoid Direct Sunlight.
- Make Sure You Store Canvas Prints & Paintings Upright.
- Keep Canvas Prints & Paintings in a Cool, Dry Place.
- Avoid Storing Canvas Prints on the Floor.
- Protect Your Canvas Prints with Cloth.
- Store Large Paintings and Canvas Prints in Mirror Boxes.
Can I paint a box and mail it?
Flammable or combustible paint and paint-related items are generally accepted for mailing, provided the material can qualify as a consumer commodity material or ORM-D (for surface only), and is sent within the quantity limitations and packaging requirements.
How do I figure out shipping costs?
Just weigh the package and use a shipping cost calculator to get a shipping price. If the parcel is small but heavy, get a shipping cost based on dimensional volume which might be cheaper. Remember that when calculating postage by weight, use the total weight of the package and not the weight of the product itself.
How big is a FedEx large box?
FedEx Box – Large Inside dimensions: 17.88″ x 12.38″ x 3″ (45.40 cm x 31.43 cm x 7.62 cm). Maximum weight allowed: 20 lbs. (9.07 kg). Weight when empty: 14.5 oz.