- 1 Where is the original sugar shack painting?
- 2 What team did Ernie Barnes play for?
- 3 Did JJ from Good Times Really paint?
- 4 Who painted Sugar Shack?
- 5 Can JJ Walker really paint?
- 6 Is Ernie Barnes still alive?
- 7 Who has died from Good Times?
- 8 How old is JJ Jimmie Walker?
- 9 Where is Ernie Barnes from?
- 10 When was the funeral procession painted?
Where is the original sugar shack painting?
An exhibit at the California African American Museum in Los Angeles features the work of the late painter Ernie Barnes. The undeniable feature of the show is the painting “Sugar Shack.”
What team did Ernie Barnes play for?
An offensive lineman, he played five seasons of professional football with the New York Titans, San Diego Chargers, and Denver Broncos, before concentrating on his practice in Los Angeles. Barnes painted full-time from the mid-1960s to 2008.
Did JJ from Good Times Really paint?
Durham, North Carolina, U.S. Ernie Barnes was a painter/visual artist who was well known for his unique style of etonation and movement. Ernie painted all of the artwork which was used in the series, which included all of the artwork of J.J. Evans.
Who painted Sugar Shack?
According to Barnes, I have created the original version of The Sugar Shack after reflecting upon his childhood, during which he was not ” able to go to a dance.” In a 2008 interview, Barnes said, “The Sugar Shack is a recall of a childhood experience. It was the first time my innocence met with the sins of dance.
Can JJ Walker really paint?
“J. J. Evans’ character (played by Jimmie Walker) is based on Ernie Barnes and Ernie’s paintings were shown as J. J.’s paintings.” But Barnes, who often sketched images while on the sidelines during games, refused to quit drawing and painting.
Is Ernie Barnes still alive?
Jacob Lawrence was an American painter, and the most widely acclaimed African American artist of the 20th century. He is best known for his ‘Migration Series.
Who has died from Good Times?
Good Times Actors You May Not Know Passed Away
- Esther Rolle died in 1998. CBS. Leading “Good Times” actress Esther Rolle, who played the show’s matriarch Florida Evans, died in 1998 — just nine days after her 78th birthday.
- Ja’net Dubois died in 2020. CBS.
- Albert Reed Jr. died in 1986.
How old is JJ Jimmie Walker?
The album’s cover artwork adapts neo-mannerist artist Ernie Barnes’s famous painting The Sugar Shack (1971). I Want You consisted of Gaye’s first recorded studio material since his highly successful and well-received album Let’s Get It On (1973).
Where is Ernie Barnes from?
This exhibition showcases many unpublished Ernie Barnes original paintings, as well as artifacts from his life. Barnes was born and raised in Durham, North Carolina. After five seasons as a professional football player, he retired at age 27 to pursue art.
When was the funeral procession painted?